A delicious parfait recipe, coming your way. This chocolate-oatmeal parfait will take you to heaven and back on a hot sunny Naija day.
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 (4-oz.) bar semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick Oatmeal Granola
- 3 cups thawed reduced-fat whipped topping
1. Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook. Continue until your mixture gets hot.
2. Whisk 1/3 cup hot milk mixture into the egg in a small bowl; whisk egg mixture into remaining hot milk mixture.
3. Continue whisking until your mixture thickens. When it does, remove your mix from the fire and add chopped chocolates.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat, then add chopped chocolate. Keep stirring the chocolate until it melts and the mix becomes smooth. Next, add the vanilla and then pour the mixture into a large bowl.
5. Cover with a plastic wrap directly on the mixture. Next, keep chilled for 2 hours or until completely cool.
6. Layer the granola into the chocolate mixture, and whipped topping into each of 6 (1 1/2-cup) parfait glasses. Repeat the layering and finish up by sprinkling granola on the parfait.
Source: My Recipes